After nearly a month off, I am back to work and my days are falling into a familiar rhythm. I’m fairly pleased with the reading I’ve done this month. Quite a bit of Jennifer L. Armentrout – more than anticipated!
This month, I read 9 books, with a total of 3,897 pages! That’s just one book off my 10 book/month goal, if I’m going to meet my Goodreads goal of 120 books read this year. Pretty good so far!
That’s about 125.7 pages/day.
- 2 ★★★★★
- 4 ★★★★
- 3 ★★★
- 0 ★★
- 0 ★
- Average Star Rating: 3.9
- 0 Children’s books vs. 9 YA/Adult
- 4 E-books vs. 2 Audio vs. 3 Physical books
- This is not terribly surprising to me, as I am back to work and spend a lot of time commuting or away from home.
- I read 18/31 days reading on my Kindle in January.
- It’s kind of interesting that all 3 of my physical books this month are a hue of blue.
- 0 e-ARCs; 0 Library books; 8 Owned books; 1 Subscription book – To be fair the library was closed for much of the month for some renovations.
I’ve added the book reviews as links below, to try and shorten the length of the monthly wrap-up posts, and hopefully encourage me to post them as I finish reading throughout the month, instead of waiting and having a pile to do all at once. Let me know what you think of the new format in the comments. Thanks!
- Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- “Sporks are only used in the most dire situations.”
- Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills
- This was a really cute read! I loved the friend group and the dynamic between each of the friends. I felt that the characterization was well done. The banter in this book was great!
- (Longer review to come.)
- Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Oblivion by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- “That’s all I ever need to hear.” “Those three words?” she asked. “Always those three words.”
- The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager
- The One-in-a-Million Boy by Monica Wood
- The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan
- “No matter how old you are, no matter how ready you think you are, nothing quite prepares you for the loss of a parent.”
January TBR Books I Didn’t Get To
- Burying Water by K. A. Tucker
- This one almost doesn’t count, since I finished it at 3 am on February 1st.
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
- This is a long book! It makes it more difficult to read in bed and carry around with me, so I didn’t get as much of a chance to read it. Then, I would start another book while away from home and want to finish that read.
- I’m currently only 61 pages into it and still figuring things out. I’m sure once I know what’s going on, I’ll pick up the pace and knock this one out.