I have a to-do list which is 2 years long. Meaning that I have things on there that I was supposed to have “done” 2 years ago. LOL! That sounds about right!
So, instead of keeping them in there to rot, I figure that some of them — especially links to websites that I want to check out or reference or just have on hand — I will instead post here. That way, I won’t lose track of them, you guys can check out what could be neat sites or information, and perhaps write me back with your impressions. 🙂 Win-win-win!
Some of them, I haven’t taken a look at in a while, so hopefully I’ll remember why I stuck them on my to-do list….
1. Exploring YouCat: This is a course guiding you through the new catechism for Catholic youth.
2. National Catholic Bioethics Center: always a favorite! Someday, perhaps, I might be working here. 🙂
3. The Sacred Page: “Blogging and Podcasting about Catholic Biblical Theology”
4. Sojourners: Faith in Action for Social Justice (I don’t remember how I got tweaked onto this site, so I’ll put a note of caution here. I’m not sure what their leanings are, or if they are orthodox Catholic, etc.)
5. Supreme Court ObamaCare Oral Arguments: Information & Resources
6. Fr. John Riccardo: One of our parishioners put together this resource list for Fr. John, listing his many recordings in both chronological and topical organization.
7. Communion processions offers opportunity to teach reverence: This is an article written by Archbishop Charles Chaput. The link is just to this one article, but I would also take a look around the site for more of his writings. He is well worth the read.
8. Blessings for Non-Communicants: This is an article from Zenit.
9. Bishop Flores’ Blog: He was an auxiliary bishop for the Archdiocese of Detroit, but now is in Brownsville, TX. He’s awesome. I would definitely recommend that you check out his blog. 🙂
10. 5 Ways to Get Review Copies of Books: ‘Nuff said. 🙂
11. Saint Basil’s Keys to Spiritual Growth: A 12 Step Plan for Everyone
12. World Priest Day: Annual Global Rosary Relay for Priests. They have some good information on this site. Our priests can always use our prayers! The next day is June 7, 2013.
13. Manilla: Free Online Account and Bill Organizer
14. American Bioethics Advisory Commission: This site gives links to many different articles on the topic of personhood.
15. Gay brains structured like those of the opposite sex: I must have gotten a question from someone regarding this to look up this article. I haven’t read it yet and don’t know how credible the author is. Forgive me for being slow in responding, Whoever Asked This Question of Me….
16. Hitchcock Family Genealogy: I *still* have a TON of people to add to my family tree. Send me information if you have any. 🙂 I’m pretty sure at this point that the majority of the population of the U.S. is related to me in some way….
17. Blog post on Thomas Marshall: He’s in the family tree… somwhere….
18. Sermon 185: 17th Sunday in Ordinary Time: The Ways of Prayer
19. Video clip: How do we know we are encountering God?
20. The Name of Jonah: I found this website when doing homework for my Bible study. It had a lot of stuff on Jonah, so I decided to bookmark it for future reference. 🙂
And…. That should keep you busy for a little while, at least! 🙂