Duration: June 1, 2013 – August 31, 2013
We are a YA Book Club, so all books should be young adult.
You have 3 months to read 10 YA books that satisfy following requirements:
1) Read a book that from ALA’s 2013 Teens’ Top Ten Nominations list. The list can be found here. If you find nothing you want to read on that list, you may read from other other years. The full list is here.
2) Read a book that is a new release published in June, July, or August of 2013. GoodReads offers lists of the most popular new releases by month, they might help you to make your choices – June, July, or August (If you have difficulties obtaining these new books, you can read a release from the same months in 2012).
3) Read a book set in summer or that has a summery cover (beach and such).
4) Read a book whose title starts with one of the letters of the word SUMMER.
5) Read a classic title.
6) Read a book with a cover that does not have a person on it. [This may be harder than you think!]
7) Read a book that involves traveling: a road trip, a trip or moving to another state, country, or continent.
8) Read a book that is funny.
9) Read an author’s debut novel (a list of this year’s debut authors can be found here.)
10) Read a book which is a 5-star favorite of one of your GoodReads friends (if you’ve yet to make any GoodRead’s friends, choose a 5-star favorite of a co-moderator – and friend them if you want!)
And, as a reminder to me, I should post my progress on their page. I’m not sure how Goodreads tracks this…. 🙂
I’ll try to keep this post updated with my progress, as well!
What are you guys reading this summer?