So, What Did You Do for New Year’s Eve?

Originally uploaded by CadyLy

I went out to the store needing mundane items like, oh, deodorant, so I wouldn’t stink, and ended up buying hair stuff that supposed to eliminate frizz, make my hair soft, act as a weak hairspray, take 5 pounds off me and give me an instant face lift — or something like that. And for $20 — it had better live up to it! πŸ™‚

I also got some new make-up, since the stuff I have laying around the house is over a decade old (gasp!). Ended up finding the best eyeliner ever! Ever! Now, don’t judge by these pictures, since my skill in applying said eyeliner is LACKING, but it really is good stuff. And new foundation in Natural Ivory. Hmm. Me. Ivory. You wouldn’t think with as dark of eyes and hair (well, normally), but yes, I am very Snow White like that. And new lip gloss.

Well, I have to be girly SOMETIME, give me a break! πŸ™‚

After my fit of narcissism, where I playfully took about a billion pictures of myself and my new make-up, Terry came over and we went out to dinner at Shield’s and then saw “Seven Pounds” with Will Smith at the theatre. It was a really good movie. A little slow, very dramatic, very emotive. It didn’t have any real surprises to it — you could figure out what was going to happen the entire way through — but it was very well done. Go Will! You are one of my favorite actors. πŸ™‚

After Terry dropped me back off home, I danced around the living room for a short while, then got ready to go to Mass.

Oh yeah. Did I tell you? There’s a MIDNIGHT MASS for Mary! I’d never heard of that before, only midnight Mass for Christmas. I was so excited! πŸ™‚ For weeks, I was dancing in anticipation of going to this Midnight Mass. I mean, what was the alternative? I could go to some parties with some friends — and don’t get me wrong, I love my friends — but I’m not really the drinking type and bar scenes are not really for me, and I am allergic to cigarette smoke and this was FAR COOLER! (Sorry guys, I am just that kind of Catholidork.)

So, I drove out about half an hour to Plymouth to Our Lady of Good Counsel. Since I had gotten up way early to go to work in the morning, I was yawning on my way in. I got there about 11:15 pm and everyone was gathered in the Day Chapel, praying in front of the Blessed Sacrament. I prayed for many things in that 45 minutes, but one of them was, “Please, Lord, help me stay awake for Mass.”

I did manage to stay awake through Mass, and it was lovely. I do have to admit to fantasizing about sleeping in front of the tabernacle, since I wasn’t sure that I would be awake enough to drive home. But God provided for me by having a little reception in the Social Hall after Mass, where I could load up on sugar — at least enough to get me home. I met a woman named Delphine, and a boy named Mark came up to me and chatted for a little while.

Fr. Lee came up to me when I was talking with Mark. After he met Mark, he turned to me and said, “Oh. I’ve met you before.”

What and that once was enough? Sheesh. Between you and Fr. Mark, I’m beginning to get suspicious of your entire ordination class. πŸ™‚ But, giving Fr. Lee the benefit of the doubt, I will edit that phrase in my mind (and yours now too) to read: “Oh! Nice to see you again!”

There. Isn’t that better? πŸ™‚

May you have a happy New Year filled with peace and love! πŸ™‚
Hugs and Kisses,
— Jaibee

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s