Bliss, Though Fleeting…

This morning was one of those rare mornings where I wake up feeling great. I had fallen asleep wearing my shoes, so I didn’t have much to do except change my clothes, fix my hair a bit and grab my phone. Then, I was out the door for a morning “run.”

I have to say these things in quotation marks because actual runners would laugh me out of the internet. πŸ™‚ Basically, I can sprint for a yardfront or so. What is that? 100 feet? That’s about it. Then my body makes me quit. Neuromuscular disorders are no joke. But I tell my body to shut up, ignore it’s desperate cries for energy (and oxygen, as if that’s the problem), and my heart’s loud complaints that it’s too tired to take this kind of abuse. I end up walking for a bit, then trying the sprinting again. Over and over until I am dizzy, nauseated, exhausted, or I’ve reached the park. πŸ™‚ Because at the park, I like to stop and swing on the swingset. πŸ™‚

[I didn’t take this picture today, but this is the park I go to. It doesn’t look like I have a photo of the swing set.]

It was a beautiful morning. The sun was out although it was closer to 6:30 am than 7 am. After swinging for a couple songs, I headed back home and sat at the desk in the kitchen, catching up on the e-mails and Facebook posts from last night. I opened the kitchen windows and enjoyed the breeze while I considered what to do for the day.

I decided to go to the 8 am Mass, since I was feeling good at the moment. I was ready early and even brought my Bible and materials to take notes with. Even though most of my friends were not at that Mass, I enjoyed my time there — it was very peaceful and I was attentive enough to hear several things that the Lord was trying to tell me.

As a funny aside, during Mass I wrote the name of my new blog that I’m running for my friend, John: Letters from John. He’s taking 9 months to leave home and work with NET ministries in the evangelization of Catholic youth around the country. I thought that our priest would like to read about his adventures, and copied the information down onto a sticky note for him. After Mass, I waited to greet him. As he came up to me, the first thing he asked about was John and the blog. I interrupted his question by shoving the sticky note at him. He looked at me questioningly for a bit, and asked if John had told me to give him this information. I guess he had heard about the blog from a letter John had written him. Haha! NO! Apparently, the Holy Spirit was just at work! πŸ™‚

I popped in to see what was being offered at the parish Used Book Sale and picked up a couple titles:
“Catholicism” by Richard McBrien
“Mother Teresa’s Secret Fire” by Joseph Langford
“Called to Holiness” by Ralph Martin
“Gift and Mystery” by Pope John Paul II

All of this for $9! I gave my last dollar to the donut fund and left the church. I did a little light shopping on the way home. By the time I had left the grocery store, it was about 10:30 am and I was starting to not feel very well. My time of feeling okay was coming to a close. I got home, managed to get all the fridge/freezer items put away (although right now, the rest of the groceries are still in bags on the kitchen floor), and had something quick for breakfast/lunch.

Oh yeah, and I picked up this waxing kit at the store, because I was curious. So, without ever having done this before, I waxed my eyebrows. And not too gracefully, either, I just dived in headfirst, so to say! LOL! It was okay, I guess, although I’m sure a professional would have done better. πŸ™‚ Plus, it could have turned out horrible! I’m reckless and impulsive sometimes, what can I say. πŸ™‚ You can’t take yourself that seriously….

I tried just laying on the couch watching TV, but ended up falling asleep. I had already reached my limit for being able to do things today. I didn’t wake up until about 6 pm.

Since then, I haven’t done too much. I made a phone call, checked the interwebs for interesting/important things, and managed to drag the lawnmower out of the garage to at least get the front yard mowed. After all, the grass had grown to about a foot long again and I’m sure the neighbors are not so thrilled about that. Now, I am exhausted again, although I have to get up the energy to run at least one load of laundry tonight or I won’t have anything to wear for work tomorrow morning. πŸ™‚

So much going on this week:
Monday: Evening meeting
Tuesday: Hopefully a study day (originally scheduled for Monday)
Wednesday: Meeting at church at 5 pm, then play date at 6:30 pm
Thursday: Bible study

This is also the last week with the MiChart project. 😦 So, there’s a LOT of loose ends to tie up before we go.

Although I don’t feel great now, and I have a lot of work ahead of me this week, I am so completely grateful to God that He gave me this wonderful morning. Something that I can cling to with hope for the week ahead. πŸ™‚ He gives me strength, and Thank God He does!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s