Week 3: Three-Day Split: Push, Pull & Legs
The premise this week is that we will work on all “pulling” muscles one day, “pushing” muscles another day, and a leg day. This will have us working out 6 days a week with one rest day.
- Barbell Upright Row (4 sets; 8/8/10/12 reps) – 12#, two dumbbell modification
- Single-Arm Neutral-Grip Dumbbell Row (4 sets; 8/8/10/12 reps) – 20# dumbbells
- Incline Dumbbell Biceps Curl (4 sets; 8/8/10/12 reps) – These were difficult at 12#, next time maybe decrease to 10# so I can get better extensions.
- Machine Preacher Curl (4 sets; 8/8/10/12 reps) – 12#, my right arm is definitely stronger than my left. Left side was a struggle at times, but I stared down my arm until it obeyed me! 😀
- Reverse Crunch (3 sets; 15-20 reps) – These were easier for me than the regular crunches. I modified them a little by straightening my legs out then pulling into the reverse crunch tuck. Feel the burn!
- Crunch (3 sets; 15-20 reps) – Ugh. Crunches. I always feel like I’m doing neck lifts. But I did feel the abs burn with these.
Thanks for joining me on this journey! If you have any suggestions/encouragement, I’d love to hear it!