Week 3: Three-Day Split: Push, Pull & Legs
The premise this week is that we will work on all “pulling” muscles one day, “pushing” muscles another day, and a leg day. This will have us working out 6 days a week with one rest day.
- Incline Barbell Bench Press (4 sets; 10/10/12/15 reps) – I modified this to use two 12# dumbbells.
- Dumbbell Flye (4 sets; 10/10/12/15 reps) – 12# all sets, maybe bump this up to 15# next time.
- Overhead Dumbbell Press (4 sets; 10/10/12/15 reps) – the 10# weights are still challenging for me.
- Smith Machine Upright Row (4 sets; 8/8/10/12 reps) – 10# dumbbells for these. I had to modify as my gym does not have a Smith machine.
- Lying EZ-Bar Triceps Extension (3 sets; 10/12/15 reps) – Again with 10# dumbbells, these were difficult. I had to take lots of breaks, but I got it done!
- Dumbbell Kickback (3 sets; 10/12/15 reps) – These were also difficult. After the triceps extensions, I dropped it to 5# weights. No shame.
I also tried a new machine. It looks like some kind of seated stair climber. I set it to 300# and went medieval on it for 5 minutes or so.
Then, I forgot to take a selfie in the gym, so here is me outside the building in all my matted, sweaty hair glory!
Thanks for joining me on this journey! If you have any suggestions/encouragement, I’d love to hear it!